By: Dividend Sensei
Find out how I’ve been preparing for the next recession, which is now likely next year. Specifically, find out what my bunker retirement portfolio looks like, and what my plans are for the next year, in terms of deploying my savings/dividends during a time when stocks are liking to be falling significantly.
- I’ve spent the last four months diligently paying down margin and de-risking my retirement portfolio.
- Using steadily improving watchlists (now featuring proprietary quality scores) I’ve focused entirely on blue-chip and SWAN stocks.
- I used the strongest YTD market rally in 32 years to sell off riskier holdings, eliminate margin entirely, and start buying ultra-value SWAN stocks.
- On March 22nd, the “banker’s yield curve” inverted, officially starting the recession countdown at nine to 16 months, meaning an economic contraction is likely to begin between December 2019 and July 2020.
- I’m now hunkered down in my bunker portfolio and plan to put all savings/dividends into long-term Treasuries until the S&P 500 officially enters bear market territory when I’ll sell bonds to buy ultra-value SWAN stocks.